Monday, July 4, 2011

Sea World

So this past week, Hunter and I made our first trip to Sea World with a good friend from Houston and her kiddos. The temperatures were HOT, but we had a great time exploring the park. When we set out that morning I didn't think we would make it past noon. I got Hunter up earlier than normal that morning, thinking I could put him down for a little morning nap before heading out. Well, that planned back fired, as Hunter had other plans. He played in his crib for over an hour, then fell asleep 20 minutes before we had to leave.
Amazingly, he did so well. He sat on my lap during the shows, played in the water parks, and not one melt down all day. We actually stayed until about 4:30 that afternoon. Much longer than I had planned, but he was having so much fun, and I was just in awe of the moment.
I must admit, watching Hunter during the Shamu show, I got a little teary eyed. His eyes were just a big as big could be watching  "all" the Shamu's. He was pointing when they did tricks and clapped when everyone else clapped. All I could think about at that moment was, "so this is what being a parent is all about"
One of many Shamu's they have here in San Antonio. I think we counted 5 and a little baby. All named Shamu
Like I said, it was HOT that day. We sat in the splash zone, and didn't even get a drop.

I was trying so hard to get a picture of Hunter looking at me, while in front of the whale, but he was totally focused on the two stuffed penguins that had just walked by.
Feeding the dolphins. Hunter was good from a safe distance, but didn't like it to much when I tried to lay him on the wall for a closer view. Maybe next time.....
Ewwwww,  stinky fish for the dolphins
Happy Dolphin just ate the stinky fishy
We're already planning our next trip.......

No comments:

Mr. and Mrs. Garvey

Mr. and Mrs. Garvey
Our Wedding Day- October 13, 2007