Sunday, July 20, 2008

My First Posting













Well, here I go with my first blogging attempt. I thought this might be a good way for Greg and I to share our lives, with those of you who live so far away from us. ( and also, for those of you, whom we've become very close with here in Houston)
It's hard to believe that we've been down here now for 5 years. I guess time does fly faster as you get older. It's been a very eventful, busy 5 years for us. We've experienced a tropical storm, and a hurricane. ( and we're hoping to never experience either again) Greg has changed jobs, and is loving his new job. I've just changed positions within the same company. Which has been a complete schedule adjustment for us, but we're learning to deal with the changes.

We've adopted 5 animals over the past 5 years. We now have a small zoo going at our house. 3-Cats- Toby (4 1/2), Sammie (4), Casey (3) and 2 dogs- Shelby (2 1/2) and Sierra (5 months) - It's a crazy house for sure, but we love them all to death !!!!
And our biggest news is we finally got married after 7 years of dating on October 13, 2007. It had to be one of the best weekends ever. We had a ton a family in town, and friends from all over the country. It was great showing them all Houston, and where Greg and I now call "home". After our wedding we flew to Chicago to see one of Greg's closest friends get married the next weekend. Then we were finally able to take off on our Honeymoon to Cancun. We had such an amazing week down there. The weather was beautiful, the sand and water was even more breath taking. I will post some of our wedding and honeymoon pictures for those of you who haven't seen either yet.
Greg and I in Cancun at a Pirate Dinner Show

Greg and I on a boat trip to Cozumel

Sunset Cruise on our last night in Cancun

Snorkeling in Cozumel


I hope this finds you all well, and keep checking back on my progress with learning how to navigate blogging and posting pictures.










No comments:

Mr. and Mrs. Garvey

Mr. and Mrs. Garvey
Our Wedding Day- October 13, 2007